Make The Sell Before The Purchase
1.Prepare your current home for sale
2. Realtor completes all marketing material needed to properly present your home for sale (includes photos, video and any specific neighborhood information that are sellable features of your home)
3. Start shopping for your next home!
4. Write an offer on your next home! When your offer is presented to the sellers, the professional photos and video will be sent simultaneously.
5. Within 5 days of your offer being accepted, your current residence will be listed for sale.
6. Assuming that the stars align (inspections go well for both homes, not title issues, the buyers financing goes through on your current residence etc!) You may be lucky enough to do a simultaneous close and get the keys to your new home, the same day that you hand over the keys to your old home.
If you have somewhere to stay, I advise that you list your home FIRST, receive an offer and then start shopping. Choosing to go this route can save a lot of time, energy, money and heartbreak.
Just So You Know
Check out the video series I did with clients who sold their home in Seattle and moved to Tacoma. They underwent this process successfully and tell their story here: https://youtu.be/kQ9sKlbqCBY .